Planmeca PlanScan™ CAD/CAM Restoration System allows Central Dental the ability to design, create and properly fit a new crown in a incredibly short amount of time. Previously, this process could take as long as two weeks or more to complete, however with PlanScan, you can enjoy a bright new smile in a single visit!
How does the PlanScan Process Work?
- First, the target tooth is prepared for the crown. A digital picture is taken using extremely precise blue laser technology. The picture is then converted into a 3D model of your tooth.
- Using the 3D rendering, your crown is designed and created using a fabrication machine.
- The crowns are fabricated from ceramic blocks, which are available in a variety of shades to precisely match the color of your other teeth.
- The completed crown is then polished and correctly fitted to the target tooth. Once properly fitted, it’s cemented into place.
Why choose PlanScan?
- The process can be completed in one visit in a short period of time, so it saves you the hassle and time of several appointments.
- The crown is created in the office using the PlanScan unit, so we have complete control of how it will be designed and fitted.
- No need to wear temporary crowns while the final product is being created in a lab, as your final crown is fitted that same day.